Are You Ready To Unlock The Next Level Of Leadership And Make The Leap From Manager To Executive?
Are you ready to unlock the next level of leadership? You can’t just use the same skills that got you here, because becoming an executive takes a very different skill set than being a manager.
Executives need to make smarter & faster decisions, create a vision that inspires and aligns, build accountability across the culture, communicate with presence & charisma, leverage power responsibly, and adapt their style to a wide range of situations.
In this 6-week certificate course called From Manager To Executive, you'll get the blueprint to unlock the next level of leadership and drastically expand your executive potential.
Here's how you & your company will benefit:
- Discover a toolkit of advanced techniques & critical thinking skills to clearly and decisively make smarter and more accurate strategic decisions
- Learn how great executives have hardwired accountability into their culture, so their employees take ownership, and are passionate, driven, and collaborative
- Move beyond fuzzy and poorly defined visions and instead inspire commitment to a vision using the latest science and real-life examples
- Understand how best to attract supporters and leverage your undiscovered power to motivate them to action
- Dramatically increase your ability to command attention, project presence, and exude charisma
- Discover which executive styles are the best for increasing employee engagement, hitting big goals, improving quality and bottom-line results, and more
- Get an assessment to immediately diagnose and increase the levels of accountability in your organization
- Understand the strengths & weaknesses of real-life executives from Jeff Bezos to Elon Musk to Sheryl Sandberg and more
- Discover the 9 Accountability Behaviors you need to give every employee in your organization (with specific real-life examples)
- Protect your organization from turbulent times, and predict the future with greater accuracy and stay ahead of your competitors
Here's The Program Curriculum:
Each course in the program includes approximately 1 hour of video presentations. In addition to the video modules, each week will include one assignment and one brief quiz to ensure you learned that week's content. Participants can expect to spend around 2 hours per week on viewing the video modules and coursework. Here is a listing of what you’ll learn in each week of the From Manager To Executive Certificate Program.
WEEK #1: HOW TO MAKE SMARTER & FASTER STRATEGIC DECISIONS
Making smart decisions is one of the most important executive functions, but it's also one of the riskiest. History is littered with executives who failed because they made terrible decisions. And many bad decisions come from the biases and fallacies of the irrational human brain. So this module gives you a toolkit of advanced techniques & critical thinking skills to clearly and decisively make smarter and more accurate strategic decisions. You won't get blindsided by bad decisions after you complete this module! Here's just some of what you'll learn:
- Discover Advanced Behavioral Economics Tools to overcome the hidden biases that cause decision-making failures (e.g., Existence Bias, Gambler's Fallacy, Sunk Cost Fallacy, Attribution Bias, and more)
- Learn smarter Decision Making Techniques like Grove's Rule, Devil's Inquisitor, and many more
- Immediately improve the accuracy of your forecasts with Kahneman's Process (from Nobel Economist Daniel Kahneman)...works for financial, budget, sales, operational, HR, and marketing forecasts
- How to leverage Scenario Planning and Decision Treeing to predict the future with greater accuracy and stay ahead of your competitors
- How to balance collaboration with healthy disagreement to cut through the noise and discover the most important elements of your decisions
- How to accelerate your decision making (and avoid analysis paralysis) with techniques for faster critical thinking
WEEK #2: BUILDING A HIGH ACCOUNTABILITY CULTURE
Do your employees act like owners or renters? Are they fully accountable, passionately driving huge results, without ever making excuses? Or, are some of your employees acting like renters? They may do their job okay, but you'll probably hear some excuses or finger-pointing, and their passion will be lacking. Great executives have hardwired accountability into their culture; their employees take ownership, are passionate, driven, and collaborative. After studying thousands of these executives, we've identified the best practices that drive their success and their high levels of accountability. You'll learn:
- The 9 Accountability Behaviors you need to give every employee in your organization (with specific real-life examples)
- The 8-question "Accountability Test" that you can use immediately to diagnose the levels of accountability in your organization
- The powerful Word Pictures Tool that translates accountability into concrete behaviors for every employee
- How Executive Memos can be rewritten to increase employee accountability
- How some of your HR processes are accidentally creating a sense of employee entitlement and how 3 simple fixes can turn entitlement into accountability
- The 2 biggest mistakes that executives make that stop employees from becoming accountable
- The 5 Stages of Accountability (Denial, Blame, Excuses, Anxiety & Accountability) and how to navigate them
WEEK #3: CREATE AN INSPIRING STRATEGIC VISION
Only 15% of employees clearly understand the rationale behind their leaders' vision & strategy! And only 29% say their leader's vision for the future is always aligned with the organization's. To be visionary, you need to get everyone aiming in the right direction, working in lock-step, and acting with passion. But if you start offering tired clichés and hollow visions, employees will roll their eyes, tune out and think it's hypocritical nonsense. In this module, you'll move beyond fuzzy and poorly defined visions and learn to inspirationally sell a vision using the latest science and real-life examples. You'll learn:
- Discover the groundbreaking 5-Part Vision Model to create a vision that is inspiring, memorable and authentic
- The 6-Question Vision Test that reveals exactly where your vision is or isn't understood, and how you can immediately implement this test with your team
- Ten cliché phrases that great executives never use when describing their vision
- Shocking research about whether your vision should emphasize past successes or future potential (hint: it's not what you think)
- The 2x2 grid that shows you exactly how much support your vision actually has among your employees
- Why only 13% of visions are bold enough to actually inspire employee buy-in (and how to immediately make your visions bolder)
- How to quickly respond to employee doubt and negativity about your vision
- 3 steps to clearly explain the rationale behind your vision so people buy in quickly
- How to use Cascading Goals to get every employee aligned with your vision
WEEK #4: HOW SMART EXECUTIVES GAIN & LEVERAGE POWER
Whether you're enlisting support from employees, executives in other divisions, board members, unions, etc., this module will help you understand how best to attract supporters to your cause and leverage your undiscovered power to motivate them to action. You'll learn the 7 sources of power and which ones work for executives in today's modern organizations. You'll also learn how to pinpoint your hidden sources of executive power and leverage them for greater effectiveness. In this module, you'll learn…
- The 7 sources of power (legitimate, coercive, reward, referent, connection, expert, informational) and which power sources the best executives actually use
- 4 common mistakes that instantly make you LESS influential (and how to avoid them)
- How to quickly diagnose whether someone is likely to be your champion or antagonist
- How to build support (and effectively convert the people that don't support you)
- 3 sources of power you didn't know you had (and how to start using them)
- Develop influence in flat or matrix organizational structures
- Use power without seeming overly aggressive or ambitious
- Learn when to use hard vs. soft power
- Diagnose the risks of power, and when employee sentiment is turning against you
WEEK #5: THE SCIENCE OF INCREASING YOUR EXECUTIVE PRESENCE & CHARISMA
Great executives have lots of presence and charisma, but most of them were not born that way! In fact, there are specific science-based techniques that will dramatically increase your ability to command attention, project presence and exude charisma. If you're willing to change a few specific behaviors, you will immediately see a difference in how others treat you. Even if you're a natural introvert and lack the "gift of gab" you can experience dramatic increases. You'll discover:
- Discover the shocking speech research that explains why Steve Jobs was incredibly charismatic but Mark Zuckerberg is not
- How to change the Prosody (rhythm, stress, and intonation) of your speaking to create more charisma and executive presence
- The exact number of seconds you need to pause before speaking to create a greater executive presence
- The nonverbal and paralinguistic techniques (including body language cues like head nodding, hand positioning, and posture) that will immediately improve how much others respect you
- Why the most inspiring executives never violate the Narcissism Ratio (and how to protect your own speaking style)
- Why employees with Charismatic Leaders perform far better than people with Structuring or Considerate Leaders
- The training technique that clinical psychologists use to significantly improve their "presence," confidence and nonverbal communication, and how you can apply it immediately (just by using the camera on your phone)
- The 10 Negative Words that charismatic executives don't use
WEEK #6: USING THE BEST EXECUTIVE LEADERSHIP STYLE TO FIT YOUR UNIQUE SITUATION
Too many executives fail because they choose the wrong executive style for their culture, employees, and goals! (Even famous CEOs have been fired for choosing the wrong leadership style). Some executive leadership styles are more effective for retaining employees, while other styles are more effective when a company needs bigger bottom-line results. Some executive styles work better when employees are comfortable taking some risks, while others are more suited to alleviating employee burnout. But picking the wrong style can lead to organizational and career disaster. So based on data from more than one million leaders, you'll learn:
- The strengths & weaknesses of the 4 major styles: Pragmatists, Idealists, Stewards, and Diplomats
- Understand the strengths & weaknesses of real-life executives from Jeff Bezos to Elon Musk to Sheryl Sandberg and more
- The 7 signs that you're using the wrong leadership style for your team (and signs that your style is too tough, too soft, too slow, etc.)
- How to make your leadership style more caring & collaborative when your team's morale is dropping and burnout is rising
- How to make your leadership style more structured & consistent when your group needs better execution
- How to make your leadership style more intense & competitive when you need to shake up the status quo
- How to make your leadership style more challenging when you need faster results
- See the latest data on which styles are preferred by people in HR, Sales, Operations, IT, Finance, and more
- Discover which executive styles are the best for increasing employee engagement, hitting big goals, improving quality & bottom-line results, growing employees' careers, and more
STARTING THE WEEK OF NOVEMBER 1ST, you’re going to take 1 course per week for 6 weeks.
You are not required to login at any set time, so each week you may work on the courses at times that work best for your schedule.
Each week, you’ll watch a video course, and then complete one assignment to hardwire your learnings and take one brief quiz to ensure you learned that week’s content.
You can expect to spend around 2 hours per week between the videos and the coursework.
You may work ahead and you will not be penalized for falling behind, but ALL MODULES, ASSIGNMENTS AND QUIZZES MUST BE COMPLETED BY 11:59 PM (PST) ON THE FINAL DAY OF THE PROGRAM. The final day of the program is Sunday, December 11th
This is a 6-week program and certificates will not be issued if all coursework is not completed by the deadline.
HOW DO I REGISTER?
Simply click the red "Register" button to purchase your registration and secure your spot in the course. Each registration is for a single user only. Please contact Jill Sutherland at email@example.com if you are interested in registering multiple participants.
THE PROGRAM START DATE IS MONDAY, NOVEMBER 1ST.
On Friday, October 29th, each participant will receive an email with their login information to access the course.
WHAT IF MANY LEADERS WANT TO ATTEND?
If your colleagues want to participate, that's great! We offer GROUP DISCOUNTS for groups of 5 or more leaders from the same organization. Simply contact Jill Sutherland (Director of Client Services) at 800-814-7859 or firstname.lastname@example.org
DO I GET CEU'S?
While we don't formally offer a specific accredited CEU/PDU (because there are so many different state & professional associations), many of our attendees will send the program description to their particular accrediting body and apply to have that training hour(s) counted. We hear that many of our attendees have been successful with that approach. THIS PROGRAM DELIVERS 4 CONTACT/COURSE HOURS.
WHY A CERTIFICATE?
To advance your career, and inspire the confidence of your team, you need proof that you’re a master interviewer. The FROM MANAGER TO EXECUTIVE Certificate also looks GREAT on your LinkedIn profile and resume. And if you’re going to train multiple leaders in your organization, you want to know which leaders have progressed through the necessary training to become master interviewers. To get your certificate, you'll pass the weekly quizzes and complete all weekly assignments (and because you watched all the program modules, it will be easy for you to pass with flying colors)!