Hiring For Attitude [NOVEMBER 11TH, 1-2 PM EASTERN]
EVENT DATE: FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 13TH FROM 1 - 2 PM EASTERN
THIS PROGRAM COMES WITH PERPETUAL ACCESS TO THE RECORDING, SO YOU CAN DOWNLOAD AND WATCH AS MANY TIMES AS YOU WANT!
Attitude accounts for 89% of hiring failures. So how do you assess candidates’ attitude (including their coachability, emotional intelligence, motivation and temperament)?
Based on the bestselling book featured in Forbes, Fast Company & CNBC, Hiring for Attitude will show you the cutting-edge hiring practices that reveal if candidates have the right attitude to fit your culture.
You’ll get the one question to assess “coachability.” And you’ll get tools like the textual research that reveals if someone is a high or low performer just by the pronouns and verbs they use in their answers.
This 1-hour masterclass called “Hiring for Attitude” will show you:
- The 5-part interview question that reveals if people are “coachable” (and that famously asks candidates to spell the last name of their previous boss)
- 6 words that ruin behavioral interview questions when you’re trying to hire for attitude
- 2 quick tests to discover the attitudinal characteristics that your organization MUST include in interviews
- Why you should never ask “tell me about yourself” or “what are your strengths/weaknesses”
- 4-part interview question that reveals if people are coachable and what their last boss really thought about them
- Why most hiring managers ask way too many questions, forcing candidates to give very fast and superficial answers (and learn how many questions you SHOULD ask)
- 1 sentence to say when you think the candidate is lying to you
- How to assess attitude when you’re conducting team interviews
- Get a structured form for assessing and evaluating all of your candidates
- 1 question that reveals if somebody goes “above and beyond”
- New textual science that shows you how candidates’ pronouns, verb tenses, and adverbs reveal if they’re a high or low performer
The use of this official seal confirms that this Activity has met HR Certification Institute’s® (HRCI®) criteria for recertification credit pre-approval.
Through his groundbreaking research, Mark Murphy has created some of the biggest ideas in leadership. He’s a New York Times bestselling author, a FORBES Senior Contributor, ranked as a Top 30 Leadership Guru, and the Founder of Leadership IQ.
He’s trained leaders at the United Nations, Harvard Business School, Microsoft, MasterCard, SHRM, and hundreds more.
Mark leads one of the world’s largest leadership skills studies, and his work has appeared in The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, Fortune, Forbes, Bloomberg BusinessWeek, and U.S. News & World Report. Mark has also appeared on CNN, NPR, CBS News Sunday Morning, ABC’s 20/20, and Fox Business News.