How to Correct, Coach and Motivate Your Remote Employees [APRIL 30TH, 1-2:30 PM EASTERN]
EVENT DATE: THURSDAY, APRIL 30th, from 1:00-2:30 PM EASTERN
THIS PROGRAM COMES WITH THE RECORDING, WHICH YOU CAN WATCH AS MANY TIMES AS YOU WANT FOR 1 YEAR!
Just because your employees are remote doesn’t mean you don’t have to deliver constructive feedback, conduct coaching conversations, and keep people motivated! You STILL need to have these THREE CRITICAL CONVERSATIONS!
But obviously having these conversations is VERY DIFFERENT when you’re REMOTE…you’re not face-to-face, you can’t see body language very well, you can’t call people into your office or casually catch them in the hallway!
So your remote approach to these three conversations has to adapt!
We have one of the largest studies ever on managing remote employees. And I’ve personally been coaching executives for a decade over phone calls and videoconferences, and I will reveal what changes you must make for CORRECT, COACH and MOTIVATE conversations to run smoothly.
If you treat these conversations just like a normal face-to-face talk, they will go badly. But with some specific scripts and techniques, you can master having ANY conversation remotely (whether it’s corrective, coaching or motivating)!
In essence, this program gives you the tools and science for having the THREE CRITICAL CONVERSATIONS (Correct, Coach & Motivate) with remote employees!
Here's what you'll learn...
CORRECTING REMOTE EMPLOYEES
- How to invite remote employees via email to have a conversation about their performance WITHOUT causing them massive anxiety (if you call them cold and start delivering constructive feedback the conversation will go VERY BADLY)
- One question you need to ask remote employees to turn this from a confrontation into a conversation
- How to use a shared screen to outline crystal-clear performance expectations (BONUS: you’ll get a template you can use in a Google Doc to pinpoint your employee’s EXACT performance issue and how to fix it)
- 6-step script for delivering tough feedback without making the recipient defensive (and exactly where you need to insert pauses to allow the conversation to proceed over the phone or video conference)
- The shocking study on the ‘Negativity Bias’that shows how negative information has a bigger impact on the brain and how you can use this insight to deliver constructive feedback WITHOUT putting your employees into a Despair Spiral
- Why it’s so critical to give remote employees an immediate PATH TO REDEMPTION when you give them corrective feedback
- 3 specific techniques to give employees when it’s their REMOTE PRODUCTIVITY that needs improvement
COACHING REMOTE EMPLOYEES
- Understanding the critical differences between Coaching vs. Corrective Feedback
- 2 Sentences to start a coaching video conference coaching call that puts your employees in a positive frame-of-mind
- How to use a shared screen to outline highly-motivating coaching goals (BONUS: you’ll get a template you can use in a Google Doc to track your employee’s performance towards their goal)
- The 1-Question Daily Goal-Setting Exercise that you’ll give employees to use EVERY MORNING that focuses their day and builds their resilience to handle any frustrations (so they stay motivated and engaged)
- 4 types of probing questions to use when you’re coaching employees that direct people to share and reveal their deeper issues (Factual, Emotional, Direct, Indirect)…and how to use them over the phone and in video conferences
- The 7-Part Self-Efficacy Exercise that bolsters employees’ confidence that they can survive tough times, no matter how stressful and scary—this is an ESSENTIAL COACHING EXERCISE
- The surprising study on ‘The Role Of Reflection”that will show them how an easy 10-minute learning reflection exercise can instantly improve their job performance
MOTIVATING REMOTE EMPLOYEES
- The 6-Part Friday Morning Meeting you need to initiate with your team to increase their Motivation by making them reflect on successes from the week and learning how to incorporate those accomplishments into their daily routine
- The 3 psychological drivers that high performers have (that middle and low performers often lack)
- The free Motivational Assessment that you need to have every one of your high performers take today!
- The 5-Part Script For 1:1 Meetings with remote high performers employees to keep them growing, learning and inspired (including the optimal frequency for your meetings)
- Why holding one-on-one meetings with high performers over your phone video (e.g. Facetime) is so much more effective than corporate videoconferences
- What to do when your high performers seem "maxed out" and how to pick-up on those signs in a phone call or videoconference
MARK MURPHY, FOUNDER OF LEADERSHIP IQ, NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER
Mark is a New York Times bestseller, author of 7 books, Senior Contributor to Forbes, ranked as a Top 30 Leadership Guru and the Founder of Leadership IQ. He’s trained leaders at the United Nations, Harvard Business School, the Clinton Foundation, Microsoft, MasterCard, SHRM, and hundreds more organizations. Mark's work has appeared in The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, Fortune, Forbes, Bloomberg BusinessWeek, and U.S. News & World Report. Mark has also appeared on CNN, NPR, CBS News Sunday Morning, ABC’s 20/20, and Fox Business News.
Mark has been featured in...