There's a BIG difference between just meeting expectations and truly exceeding expectations!
Take a good look at your employees. I’ll bet you’ve got a nice group of people who do okay or good work (they're mostly meeting expectations). But are they all delivering great work and exceeding expectations? Is everyone achieving peak performance and productivity?
According to leaders, only 26% of employees are delivering great work (exceeding expectations) while 65% of employees are just doing good work (meeting expectations). [The remaining 9% are failing to meet expectations].
But think about how much better your department/team would perform if you could get every employee to to deliver great work and achieve peak performance/productivity. Would your quality, efficiency, profit and satisfaction be higher? Of course!
This course teaches leaders how to get every employee achieving peak performance and productivity. Leaders will learn how to increase employee performance and get great work (exceeding expectations) from everyone on the team.
Based on the New York Times bestseller Hundred Percenters and using our legendary Word Pictures technique, leaders will master getting great performance from every employee (even the ones who are struggling). AND you’ll learn how to get peak productivity from everyone so that your employees have more time to deliver even more great work.
Here's The 4-Week Program Curriculum:
Each module in the program includes approximately 1-hour of video presentation. In addition to the video modules, each week will include one assignment to ensure you learned that week's content. Each participant can expect to spend around 2 hours per week on viewing the video course and coursework. Here is a listing of all the modules:
WEEK 1: Teaching Employees The Difference Between merely Good Work And truly Great Work (aka Peak Performance)
Over two-thirds of employees do NOT know whether their performance is where it should be! And they literally don’t know the difference between good work and great work (i.e., they don't know the difference between 'meeting expectations' and 'exceeding expectations'), It’s not their fault; leaders haven’t had the tool to clearly explain the difference...until now. In this module, you’ll learn the Word Pictures Tool to teach employees about the attitudes, behaviors, values and standards that constitute peak performance & productivity. And you’ll learn:
- Why employees are 107% more engaged when they understand the specific behaviors that distinguish Good Work (meeting expectations) from Great Work (exceeding expectations)
- 11 specific behaviors that make up Peak Performance and distinguish merely good employees from truly great ones
- Real-life Word Picture examples from healthcare, high-tech, finance, hospitality, and more
- How Caesar’s Palace used Word Pictures to achieve their highest customer satisfaction scores ever
- The exact script that gets your employees to immediately buy-in to helping you set peak performance standards
- Shocking data on why two-thirds of employees are not currently inspired to give 100% effort and achieve peak performance
WEEK 2: Coaching Conversations That Move Employees From merely Good Work To Great Work (aka Peak Performance)
Once you know the difference between good work and great work, you’ve got to teach that to everyone on your team. And you’ve got to coach employees how to take the specific steps to start delivering great work (exceeding expectations) and achieving peak performance & productivity. In this module you’ll learn:
- The 3-Part Coaching Conversation that teaches every employee how to achieve ‘great work’ and peak performance
- How to flip the ‘Self-Awareness Switch’ so every employee instantly knows whether their performance is ‘great work,’ ‘good work,’ or ‘needs work’
- How your Word Pictures instantly eliminate disagreements with employees about their actual performance
- How a simple 10-minute monthly conversation inspires employees to strive for peak performance
- 2 sentences that helps every employee see their untapped potential (if you say them in the first few minutes of the coaching conversation)
- How to break the Parent-Child dynamic that usually defines manager-employee relationships, and instead create an Adult-Adult partnership full of self-awareness and positive coaching
WEEK 3: How To Help Employees That Are Struggling With Low Performance
Some employees struggle to even meet expectations and instead their performance ‘needs work.’ Your Word Pictures are incredibly useful for helping these employees get back on the right track and achieve good or great performance (and start moving towards peak performance). In this module you’ll learn:
- How to tell the difference between an employee who’s genuinely struggling and someone who simply doesn’t want to improve
- The conversation script for employees that resist delivering ‘good work’ or ‘great work’
- The 3-part script that shows struggling employees how achieving good performance is right within their grasp (using a psychological technique called “Mastery Thinking”)
- How to turn your ‘great work’ employees into exemplars that can transform struggling employees
- How to tell when you need to stop coaching struggling employees and turn to managing them (and the specific scripts to use for each situation)
WEEK 4: Techniques That Unlock Employee Productivity (While Reducing Their Burnout)
If you want everyone on your team to deliver great work (exceed expectations) and achieve peak performance, you have to make them more productive and efficient with their time. You cannot simply add more work onto their plate because that will cause major burnout. Instead, you’ve got to eliminate the waste and inefficiencies that prevent them from achieving peak performance! In this module you’ll learn:
- How to kill "zombie projects" that are wasting employees' time and stopping them from achieving peak performance
- The 4 kinds of work that consume our time: Green Light, Yellow Light, Orange Light and Red Light Work
- How to distinguish between Green Light, Yellow Light, Orange Light and Red Light Work (and a Grid to plot your major activities)
- Which of your Yellow, Orange and Red Light activities should be postponed and which should be eliminated
- Identify and eliminate the Top 10 timewasters that consume employees’ time
- Checklist for teaching employees how to clarify and complete work assignments so that you don’t have to waste time constantly checking-up on them
- 3 steps to overcome the Sunday Night Blues and reduce employees’ burnout
- The End-Of-Day Exercise that immediately reduces employees’ burnout and makes them more productive tomorrow
- The 1 question that employees need to ask themselves every morning that makes them 45% more productive
STARTING THE WEEK OF MAY 23RD, you’re going to take 1 course per week for 4 weeks. (You are not required to login at any set time, so each week you may work on the courses at times that work best for your schedule).
Each week, you’ll watch approximately 1-hour of a video course, and then complete one assignment to hardwire your learnings and take one brief quiz to ensure you learned that week’s content. You can expect to spend around 2 hours per week between the videos and the coursework.
You may work ahead and you will not be penalized for falling behind, but ALL MODULES, ASSIGNMENTS AND QUIZZES MUST BE COMPLETED BY 11:59 PM (PST) ON THE FINAL DAY OF THE PROGRAM. The final day of the program is Sunday, June 19, 2022. This is a 4-week program and certificates will not be issued if all coursework is not completed by the deadline.
WHAT IF MANY LEADERS WANT TO ATTEND?
If your colleagues want to participate, that's great! We offer GROUP DISCOUNTS for groups of 5 or more leaders from the same organization. Simply contact Jill Sutherland (Director of Client Services) at 800-814-7859 or email@example.com
WHY A CERTIFICATE?
To advance your career, and inspire the confidence of your team, you need proof that you’ve learned How Great Managers Drive Employee Engagement. (And it looks GREAT on your LinkedIn profile and resume). And if you’re going to train multiple leaders in your organization, you want to know which leaders have progressed through the necessary training and have the skills to lead successfully. To get your certificate, you'll take a test following the 4-week program (and because you watched all the program modules, it will be easy for you to pass with flying colors)!
HOW THIS PROGRAM WORKS:
The program is set up at a pace of 1 course per week. You are not required to login at any set time so you may work on the courses at times that works best for your schedule. You may work ahead and you will not be penalized for falling behind, but ALL MODULES, ASSIGNMENTS AND QUIZZES MUST BE COMPLETED BY 11:59 PM (PST) ON THE FINAL DAY OF THE PROGRAM. The final day of the program is June 19, 2022. This is a 4-week program and certificates will not be issued if all coursework is not completed by the deadline.
HOW DO I REGISTER?
Simply click the red "Register" button to purchase your registration and secure your spot in the course. Each registration is for a single user only. Please contact Jill Sutherland at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in registering multiple participants. THE PROGRAM START DATE IS MONDAY, JUNE 6. On Friday, June 3rd, each participant will receive an email with their login information to access the course.
DO I GET CEU'S?
While we don't formally offer a specific accredited CEU/PDU (because there are so many different state & professional associations), many of our attendees will send the program description to their particular accrediting body and apply to have that training hour(s) counted. We hear that many of our attendees have been successful with that approach. THIS PROGRAM DELIVERS 4 CONTACT/COURSE HOURS.
YOUR PRESENTER: MARK MURPHY
Mark Murphy is the founder of Leadership IQ, a New York Times bestselling author, Senior Contributor to FORBES. and rated as a Top 30 Leadership Guru.
Mark's reputation as Leadership training expert is also why he's lectured at The United Nations, Harvard Business School, Microsoft, IBM, MasterCard, Merck, and more.
Mark has written some of the most practical and insightful leadership books ever, including Hundred Percenters, Hiring For Attitude, Truth At Work, HARD Goals, and more.
And his Leadership techniques and research have been featured in the Wall Street Journal, Harvard Business Review, Inc., CNBC, CBS MarketWatch, Fortune, Forbes, Business Week, U.S. News & World Report, The Washington Post, the Los Angeles Times and more.
He has also appeared on ABC's 20/20, CBS News, Fox Business News, CNN and NPR.