Managing Up Webinar (30-Day Recording)
This is a recorded webinar. As soon as you purchase, you will receive an email that gives you access to watch the program for as many times as you want for 30 days. You will also get access to download the slides.
The relationship you have with your boss will hugely impact your success at work. But do you know how to speak to their unique style so they listen to your every word? Do you know how to “keep them in the loop” so they never micromanage or feel anxious about your work? Can you bring bad news to your boss without losing their trust or confidence?
It’s nice to imagine that you have total control over your career success. But the reality is that your relationship with your boss will have a huge impact on your ability to succeed. The stronger your relationship with your boss, the more success you’ll have.
Managing Up is not manipulation. Managing Up is about understanding our bosses’ strengths, weaknesses, goals, styles, and needs so that we can make them, and us, amazingly successful.
In this webinar called Managing Up, you’ll learn how to tailor your communication with your boss, proactively manage your assignments and avoid any micromanaging, deepen your boss’ trust in you, deliver bad news effectively, and even help your boss leverage your strengths (and avoid your weaknesses).
Here’s what you’ll learn…
- Understand the 4 communication styles that bosses use (and learn to speak to all of them so your boss always listens to you)
- Learn a revolutionary delegation process that proactively keeps your boss in the loop (and thus eliminates all micromanaging and nitpicking)
- How to solicit constructive feedback from your boss and use that to deepen your relationship with them
- How to use positive reinforcement “upwards” to build rapport with your boss
- 8 questions you should always ask when your boss gives you an assignment to guarantee successful completion
- How to develop “informational power” so your boss always turns to you for insights and suggestions
- 3 steps to deliver bad news to your boss
- Why you should never bring your boss only 1 solution to a problem
- 3 fears that every boss has (and how to avoid and reduce them)
- 2 sentences you should always say when you start a tough conversation with your boss
- Discover the needs of your boss’s boss (and use that to make your boss more successful)
- How to develop your personal brand with your boss (so your boss really understands you and leverages your unique strengths)