Taking the Pain Out of Performance Reviews [Perpetual Access Download]
|YOU GET PERPETUAL ACCESS TO THIS PROGRAM! There are no renewal fees ever. A few minutes after you purchase the program, you will receive an email with information to access the download of the video program (video mp4 format) and the pdf slides. There's no need to license individual users as you get unlimited access within your organization. You can upload the video into your own LMS or shared drive (or just watch the program directly). And you get pdf files for all handouts. (Please note that these programs are only for your company's employees/leaders and are NOT licensed to share outside your company or for resale. If you want to offer these programs to your clients or others, please visit our Partnerships page).|
Did you know there are 5 ways to make performance reviews honest, constructive, motivating and fulfilling conversations? Of course, not everybody knows how to do that because a landmark Leadership IQ study of 48,012 managers and employees discovered that typical performance appraisals are thoroughly disliked (for example, only 6% of CEOs think performance appraisals are useful).
But there are 5 key leverage points that radically improve performance reviews, and all can be implemented quickly and easily (at both the HR and frontline manager levels).
Our renowned research on performance management has appeared in Fortune, Forbes, Business Week, HR Executive, Talent Management, and more. And on this webinar, we’ll show you the latest techniques for taking the pain out of performance reviews.
This 1-hour masterclass called “Taking the Pain Out of Performance Reviews” will show you:
- 2 sentences that make every performance appraisal conversation more comfortable (if you say them in the first few minutes of the meeting)
- The correct order in which you should talk to high, middle and low performers
- How Transactional Analysis gets managers and employees out of the painful Parent-Child dynamic that usually defines performance reviews, and instead creates an Adult-Adult partnership full of self-awareness and positive coaching
- What 3 pieces of information need to be in EVERY performance appraisal conversation
- The correct order in which you should discuss performance, money and goals (so you keep employees’ attention throughout the entire conversation)
- How to accurately evaluate remote employees
- How to evaluate employees with much more experience than you
- Conduct Self-Appraisals without causing rating inflation or big discrepancies
- 3-part script to make this a truly motivating conversation for high and middle performers
- What to say when low performers strongly challenge their evaluation
- How to use Word Pictures to clearly and honestly delineate the level of performance you expect and how the employee currently measures against those expectations
- 4 questions that should appear in EVERY employee development plan and goal-setting exercise that encourages them to take ownership of their own career and goals
Through his groundbreaking research, Mark Murphy has created some of the biggest ideas in leadership. He’s a New York Times bestselling author, a FORBES Senior Contributor, ranked as a Top 30 Leadership Guru, and the Founder of Leadership IQ.
He’s trained leaders at the United Nations, Harvard Business School, Microsoft, MasterCard, SHRM, and hundreds more.
Mark leads one of the world’s largest leadership skills studies, and his work has appeared in The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, Fortune, Forbes, Bloomberg BusinessWeek, and U.S. News & World Report. Mark has also appeared on CNN, NPR, CBS News Sunday Morning, ABC’s 20/20, and Fox Business News.