bring this Award-Winning Seminar to your company
In this renowned 2-day seminar, called What Great Managers Do Differently, managers learn the most advanced leadership skills to inspire 100% effort from employees, solve difficult personalities, inspire & retain your stars, increase employee productivity & accountability, and more!
NOTE: This program is fully customized to meet the unique needs of your organization.
Leadership IQ has conducted one of the largest leadership studies ever, and we've discovered the SPECIFIC SCRIPTS and TOOLS that the greatest managers use to inspire 100% performance from everyone on their team! Managers will dramatically advance their leadership skills!
HERE'S THE DETAILED 2-DAY AGENDA (FULLY CUSTOMIZED TO YOUR COMPANY)
DAY 1 AGENDA
- INCREASING EMPLOYEE ACCOUNTABILITY
- Only 29% of employees know whether their performance is where it should be! But with Word Pictures™, you’ll get a complete system and tools for setting explicit behavioral expectations, distinguishing between high and low performers, and hardwiring accountability. You’ll learn how to double the number of employees who exceed expectations. You’ll discover the keys to conducting performance conversations without defensiveness or anger. And you’ll discover how to transform employees who are failing to meet expectations. You’ll never again hear employees say “I didn’t know that’s what you expected” or argue when you say their performance needs improvement.
- TAKING THE PAIN OUT OF PERFORMANCE REVIEWS
- Only 6% of CEOs think performance appraisals are useful! But there are 5 key leverage points that radically improve performance reviews, and all can be implemented quickly and easily. You’ll learn 2 sentences that make every performance appraisal conversation more comfortable (if you say them in the first few minutes of the meeting), and what 3 pieces of information need to be in EVERY performance appraisal conversation
- DELIVER CORRECTIVE FEEDBACK WITHOUT CAUSING ANGER OR DEFENSIVENESS
- Over 80% of leaders have avoided giving tough feedback because they were afraid the employee would react badly! You’ll learn how to use Fact-Based Communication to “delayer” your conversations to make tough feedback much easier to hear. And you’ll learn the I.D.E.A.L.S. script for delivering tough messages without making the recipient defensive or angry. We’ll also show you the science of delivering feedback, including how to avoid the “trigger words” that instantly make people defensive, and why Cognitive Dissonance and the Dunning-Kruger Effect prevent employees from hearing tough feedback.
- MANAGING NARCISSISTS, BLAMERS, DRAMATICS AND MORE
- Do you ever have to deal with giant egos, or blamers, or people who find drama in every little thing? Sadly, not every person in our organization is nice, pleasant and easy-going. So you’ve got to know how to manage and understand difficult personalities. Fortunately, we’ve identified the Big Five difficult personalities that drive the most conflict in organizations, and we’ve developed specific scripts for dealing with each one. You’ll learn specific scripts for managing Narcissists (Giant Egos), Blamers and Finger-Pointers, Drama Queens and Kings, Negative and Overly Sensitive people.
- THE SCIENCE OF RESOLVING CONFLICT
- You’ll learn the latest science on resolving conflict, and the specific psychological scripts and tools you need to fundamentally resolve conflict (and all of its tricky applications). You'll discover the 7 trigger words that immediately inflame conflict (and what you should say instead), How to separate every conflict into Facts, Interpretations, Reactions & Ends so you can calmly and analytically problem-solve every situation, and The Redirection Script for teaching employees to manage their own conflict without you always having to mediate.
DAY 2 AGENDA
- HIRING FOR ATTITUDE
- 89% of hiring failures come from employees having the wrong attitudes, not a lack of skills! You’ll learn 6 words that ruin behavioral interview questions when you’re trying to hire for attitude. And why you should never ask “tell me about yourself” or “what are your strengths/weaknesses”. We’ll also teach you the 5-part interview question that reveals if people are “coachable” (and that famously asks candidates to spell their previous boss' last name).
- HOW TO INSPIRE & RETAIN YOUR HIGH PERFORMERS
- In 42% of companies, high performers are LESS engaged than low performers. This was such big news that everyone covered our study; including the Wall Street Journal, New York Times, Forbes, Fast Company, Harvard Business Review, and more! The psychology of high performers is typically different than that of other employees. So you’ll learn the 3 psychological drivers that high performers have (that middle and low performers often lack). And you’ll receive the “retention” conversation script using our famous Shoves & Tugs model.
- DO MORE COACHING AND LESS MANAGING
- Most likely, the best leaders you’ve ever had did much more “coaching” than “managing.” They listened to your ideas, challenged you to learn and grow, served as your sounding board, and took the time to discover what really makes you tick. In other words, coaching. So you’ll learn 3 sentences you should say at the beginning of your coaching sessions, and a 5-step process (based on rational emotive behavior therapy) that helps employees overcome self-limiting and irrational beliefs.
- HOW TO BUILD SUPPORT FOR YOUR CHANGE EFFORTS
- Mismanaging change is the #1 reason why CEOs get fired! So you’ll learn a 4 question test that instantly predicts the success of your change efforts (and what to do if you spot a ‘warning sign’). You’ll learn how to reframe all your communications so that change sounds like an opportunity rather than a threat, and to debunk any negative rumors about your change effort.
- FINDING TIME TO BE A LEADER
- The scarcest resource leaders have is their time (not money or people or influence). There are 4 kinds of work that consume our time: Green Light, Yellow Light, Orange Light and Red Light Work. But only Green Light Work will give you a successful career. This program is going to show you how to discover your own personal Green Light Work and give you tactics for shedding all the Yellow, Orange and Red Light Work that is wasting your time, hurting your effectiveness and stopping you from hitting all your goals.