The Science of Managing Remote Employees [Perpetual Access Download]
|YOU GET PERPETUAL ACCESS TO THIS PROGRAM! There are no renewal fees ever. A few minutes after you purchase the program, you will receive an email with information to access the download of the video program (video mp4 format) and the pdf slides. There's no need to license individual users as you get unlimited access within your organization. You can upload the video into your own LMS or shared drive (or just watch the program directly). And you get pdf files for all handouts. (Please note that these programs are only for your company's employees/leaders and are NOT licensed to share outside your company or for resale. If you want to offer these programs to your clients or others, please visit our Partnerships page).|
Having remote employees should be a huge advantage—you get the best talent from all over the world, you don’t pay for relocation or office space, AND research shows that remote employees work 4 hours more per week than in-house employees!
So why do companies struggle with remote employees? It’s because many of the leadership techniques you use inside the office simply don’t work with remote employees.
For example, hot-shot companies that are predominantly remote (like WordPress, 37Signals, and GitHub) don’t use nearly as much email as typical companies because it’s such a poor communication vehicle. [Did you know that a McKinsey study found that the average worker spends 28% of their weekly time on checking/sending email?!?! Ironically, if you want to be a great remote company, you cannot waste that much time on email—you’ll need to use more social technologies.]
New York Times Bestselling author Mark Murphy is hosting a live webinar titled “The Science of Managing Remote Employees” to share the latest research and best practices about how to be an effective leader in the virtual workplace.
This 60-minute webinar called “The Science of Managing Remote Employees” will show you:
- New research that shows which personality types (e.g. introverts, extroverts, etc.) make the best, most engaged, most productive remote employees (HINT: It’s not what you think.)
- Sure-fire ways to assess and measure remote employees’ job performance without using invasive and expensive techniques to spy on their every move
- Why you should NEVER ask “How’s it going?” to remote employees
- 3 attitude adjustments that leaders must make to successfully manage remote employees
- The 1 question you can ask at the end of every virtual meeting to avoid being undermined behind your backby people who disagree with you
- 3 tools guaranteed to build trust with remote employees
- How to transmit your corporate culture to employees who never get to see your corporate office
- The pros and cons (and creative uses) of the latest technologies: social media, wikis, intranets, blogs, etc., plus one free tool to help you keep your virtual employees accountable
- A 3-step process for delegating large projects that require frequent progress checks (without being demonized as a micromanager)
- 2 keys to keeping remote employees disciplined and productive
- A specific weekly regimen that keeps remote employees connected and aligned
- How to avoid the 5 emotional “trigger words” in emails that cause misunderstandings, spark conflict and get you in trouble
- The 10-minute conversation that keeps remote employees feeling connected and engaged
- How to end every email with a “call to action” that elicits immediate productivity