WE'VR BEEN FEATURED IN...
A FEW HIGHLIGHTS FROM THIS 115-PAGE BOOK...
- CHAPTER 2: DRAMATICS...Dramatics are those people who crave being the center of attention and use intense emotions to blow simple events out of proportion. You'll learn to use the F.I.R.E. MODEL to remove inflammatory emotions and have rational fact-based dialogues.
- CHAPTER 3: NEGATIVE PERSONALITIES...This person expects the worst, and their negativity can stifle creativity, innovation, growth into new markets, confidence, optimism, enthusiasm, and more. You'll learn how to use a COGNITIVE RESTRUCTURING SCRIPT to debunk their negativity and stop it from spreading to your team.
- CHAPTER 4: BLAMERS...These difficult personalities try and deflect responsibility for any tough issue onto somebody else. But you'll learn to use a REDIRECTION SCRIPT to force them to take accountability for their actions.
- CHAPTER 5: PROBLEM BRINGERS...Problem Bringers appear to have no interest in independent problem solving, and that translates to extra work and frustration for anyone leading, or working with, these difficult personalities. So you'll get a fast 1-SENTENCE SCRIPT for breaking the Parent/Child Dynamic and immediately helping them become independent and proactive.
- CHAPTER 8: CONFIDENTLY INCOMPETENT...Have you ever dealt with someone whose performance stinks, and they’re not only clueless that their performance stinks but they’re confident that their performance is good or even great? You'll learn a 3-PART SCRIPT FOR DEVELOPING SELF-AWARENESS that teaches them about the gaps in their performance so they can improve.
- CHAPTER 9: NARCISSISTS...These people have an exaggerated sense of self-importance that presents in wanting excessive admiration, and often comes from envy, a fragile sense of self, and sometimes even paranoia. You'll learn a 4-PART SCRIPT for gently 'bursting their bubble' without destroying their fragile ego (so they remain productive workers).
Mark Murphy, is the founder of Leadership IQ, a New York Times bestselling author, contributor to FORBES & CNBC. and rated as a Top 30 Leadership Guru. Mark's reputation as leadership training expert is also why he's lectured at The United Notions, Harvard Business School, Microsoft, IBM, MasterCard, Merck, and more.
Mark has written some of the most practical and insightful leadership books ever. And his leadership techniques and research have been featured in the Wall Street Journal, Harvard Business Review, Inc., CNBC, CBS MarketWatch, Fortune, Forbes, Business Week, U.S. News & World Report, The Washington Post, the Los Angeles Times and more. He has also appeared on ABC's 20/20, CBS News, Fox Business News, CNN and NPR.
Some of his most well-known research studies include “Are SMART Goals Dumb?,” “Why CEO's Get Fired,” “Why New Hires Fail,” “High Performers Can Be Less Engaged,” and “Don’t Expect Layoff Survivors to Be Grateful.”
The perfect blend of research and super practical scripts! This is by far the best book I’ve ever read on how to manage the really difficult people at work like Blamers and the Overly Dramatic!
The first day I got the book I implemented one of the scripts (for Negative Personalities) and it worked. Like magic! I'm buying this book for every leader in my business.
CEO of EngageUSA
Finally, a business author who delivers what every executive truly needs: hard-hitting practical content, specific tools and scripts, without needless diatribes or sales pitches. Bravo!