MAKE YOUR COMANY EXTRAORDINARY BY ONLY HIRING EMPLOYEES WITH THE PERFECT ATTITUDE!
How much more successful would your organization be if all employees were as effective as your best performers? Would your company make more money? Have better quality and service? Attract and retain more customers? Of course, your organization would be more successful in every conceivable way!
While attitudinal issues are much more predictive of a new hire’s success or failure, the typical interview process fixates on ensuring that candidates are technically competent. But do technical skills really matter if the employee isn’t open to improving, alienates their coworkers, lacks drive or has the wrong personality for the job?
THIS PROGRAM PERSONALLY TAUGHT BY THE AUTHOR OF THE LEGENDARY BOOK "HIRING FOR ATTITUDE"! Rated one of the TOP 10 Leadership Development Companies in the world!
THIS CUSTOMIZED ONSITE PROGRAM IS FOR ANYONE WHO HIRES!
WE CUSTOMIZE EVERY ASPECT OF THE PROGRAM, FROM THE DURATION TO THE CONTENT, TO MEET YOUR EXACT NEEDS!
THE FOLLOWING IS A SAMPLE AGENDA FOR A 1-DAY PROGRAM. BUT THIS PROGRAM CAN BE MODIFIED AND CUSTOMIZED TO MEET YOUR UNIQUE NEEDS. OPTIONS ARE AVAILABLE FOR HALF-DAY, ONE-DAY AND TWO-DAY VERSIONS.
Module 1: The Attitude Revolution
• Why attitude has become the #1 hiring criteria
• The groundbreaking research on which hires fail and which succeed
• The Top 4 attitudes that drive hiring failures
• Interview questions that you should not ask (including strengths, weaknesses, hypotheticals, and more)
• 6 words that ruin behavioral interview questions
Module 2: Discover the Attitudes You Need to Hire
• Why companies like Southwest Airlines, Google, Apple, and The Ritz-Carlton hire for different attitudes
• 2 types of job candidates you should never hire
• How the term ‘Brown Shorts’ came to mean the attitudes that define your unique culture (and how Southwest Airlines’ creative hiring practices created the term)
• Detailed process for discovering the attitudinal characteristics that are most critical for your unique organization
• Case study from Microchip Technologies
• The 3-3-3- Exercise to quickly discover your critical attitudes
Module 3: Interviewing for Attitude
• A dozen of the most powerful attitudinal interview questions with detailed explanations of the attitudes they reveal
• How to design attitudinal interview questions that fit your culture
• How to discover Differential Situations that reveal the differences between high and low performers
• The 5-part Coachability Question that works for every type of job to assess the candidate’s coachability, weaknesses, critical self-awareness and the type of manager for whom they work best
Module 4: Developing Answer Guidelines
• How to grade and evaluate candidates’ responses to your interview questions by developing Answer Guidelines
• Identifying the Positive Signals in candidates’ answers that identify if they’re likely to be a good fit for you and your culture
• Identifying the Warning Signs in candidates’ answers that identify if they’re likely to be a good fit for you and your culture
• How to use Answer Guidelines across many interviewers so that everyone gives candidates consistent ratings
• Using the new science of textual analysis to evaluate whether a candidate is a great or poor fit by listening to the pronouns, verb tenses, adverbs, and negations they use when talking to you
Module 5: Interviewing for Attitude Practicum
• Specific practical answers to the most challenging interviewing issues
• How to stop candidates when they’re rambling (without destroying rapport)
• How and where the interviewer and candidate should sit during the interview
• Specific script to start the interview that builds rapport while structuring the interview process
• How to delay candidate questions until the end of the interview without seeming rude
• What to say when the candidate is giving you terrible answers
• How to manage team-based interviews
Module 6: Recruiting for Attitude
• How to distinguish between an average recruiting pitch and the significantly more effective attitudinal recruiting pitch
• The Attitudinal Recruiting Formula (P=A+U-S) for measuring the likely effectiveness of your recruiting message
• Research on which factors make prospective candidates less likely to respond to particular job ads (and how to conduct split tests to determine the best messages)
• Why 90% of job ads begin with the same highly-ineffective opening paragraph and how you can rewrite it to dramatically increase your number of high performer applicants
• Key metrics that every hiring manager and HR professional should evaluate to determine and improve their recruiting effectiveness
• Research from over 2,000 companies on the Top 10 recruiting channels for finding high performing hires
Module 7: Hardwiring Attitude Into Your Culture
• How to translate your attitudinal hiring characteristics into a behavioral roadmap for teaching every employee the behaviors that exemplify your attitudes
• A revolutionary performance management tool called Word Pictures that helps you hold people accountable to living your attitudes
• Why employees learn behaviors and attitudes more effectively when they learn not only what TO do, but also what NOT to do
• Specific examples of performance evaluations using attitudinal issues like Accountability, Leadership and Service
• Case study from Caesars Entertainment
4 EXTRAORDINARY BENEFITS OF WORKING WITH US!
ELEARNING COURSES TO CONTINUE THE LEARNING
We can use our elearning library (used by some of the top companies in the world) to provide follow-up training modules delivered online that keep the learning alive for attendees! We can even customize a specific curriculum to reinforce the training.
PRE-SURVEY TO ASSESS YOUR LEADERS' NEEDS
We can give attendees a pre-survey or quiz prior to the training. Then we can use the audience’s data right in the training program! This gets the group 100% engaged not only to hear the training but also to see their own data and results!
OPTIONAL 360 ASSESSMENT
Our 360 assessment delivers the most comprehensive reports available and gives your leaders the self-awareness they need to skyrocket their leadership effectiveness! For organizations that are comfortable with 360s, this can be a great enhancement to the training.
PEER-TO-PEER LEARNING GROUPS TO INTERNALIZE YOUR DEVELOPMENT
Leadership Grand Rounds is a monthly peer-to-peer experience that brings together a group of 8 to 10 managers and executives for the purposes of peer-to-peer learning and support. We install this program after the training so that every month your leaders have a forum to keep growing their leadership skills.
Early-Bird Discount for DALLAS expires in:
Early-Bird Discount for CHICAGO expires in: