The No-Fluff Tactics To Create Psychological Safety [FEBRUARY 22ND]
EVENT DATE: WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 22ND FROM 1-2 PM EASTERN
THIS PROGRAM COMES WITH PERPETUAL ACCESS TO THE RECORDING, SO YOU CAN DOWNLOAD AND WATCH AS MANY TIMES AS YOU WANT!
Google famously ran a study (code-named Project Aristotle) to reveal what made their highest-performing teams better than all the others. Using hundreds of variables, Google discovered that Psychological Safety was the top factor that distinguished their highest-performing groups.
Psychological safety is when individuals are comfortable sharing their thoughts, ideas, and concerns without fearing negative consequences (like rejection or ridicule).
Some people think psychological safety sounds a little ‘fluffy.’ So why does one of the richest companies on earth consider psychological safety the top factor on their highest-performing teams?
When you’ve got psychological safety, people are more innovative, collaborative, and trusting, they perform better, and their decisions are smarter. And THAT is why Google cares about psychological safety (and why they’re one of the most successful companies on earth).
Unfortunately, unlike Google managers, most leaders have never been trained on the practical steps to create psychological safety. In fact, two recent studies found that most employees don’t experience psychological safety (over 80% are afraid to bring their boss new innovations, and over 75% don’t feel their boss responds constructively when they share problems).
That’s why we created the program The No-Fluff Tactics To Create Psychological Safety!
This is the only 1-hour masterclass where you’ll discover the practical tactics and scripts to immediately create psychological safety. Specifically, you’ll discover:
- The 6-Question Psychological Safety Quiz to use with your employees and teams
- The pain-free way for leaders to role model vulnerability and foster psychological safety
- 2-questions to ask in weekly staff meetings that build employees’ comfort with speaking up about tough issues
- 5 phrases for leaders that immediately increase psychological safety and empathy
- The 3-part Structured Listening Script (more powerful than active listening) that quickly creates mutual understanding and alignment
- 2 techniques to inclusively get all of your employees to engage and participate in meetings and conversations
- The Reverse-Brainstorming Technique that allows leaders to surface difficult issues (like mistakes and breakdowns) without blaming or accusing others
- 4 common phrases that damage employees’ psychological safety and what to say instead
- The 1-question script that overcomes employees’ fear of rejection so they bring you their smartest ideas and innovations
- And much more!
Through his groundbreaking research, Mark Murphy has created some of the biggest ideas in leadership. He’s a New York Times bestselling author, a FORBES Senior Contributor, ranked as a Top 30 Leadership Guru, and the Founder of Leadership IQ.
He’s trained leaders at the United Nations, Harvard Business School, Microsoft, MasterCard, SHRM, and hundreds more.
Mark leads one of the world’s largest leadership skills studies, and his work has appeared in The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, Fortune, Forbes, Bloomberg BusinessWeek, and U.S. News & World Report. Mark has also appeared on CNN, NPR, CBS News Sunday Morning, ABC’s 20/20, and Fox Business News.