Managing Employee Performance 4-Week Online Certificate Program [MAY 22ND]
Register by May 12th to take advantage of Early Bird pricing!
SESSION START DATE: May 22, 2023
SESSION END DATE: June 18, 2023
According to the latest research, only 26% of employees are exceeding expectations, while 65% of employees are merely meeting expectations (with the remaining 9% failing to meet expectations). But what if you could get everyone on your team to exceed expectations? Your quality, efficiency, profit and satisfaction would be higher!
This course teaches leaders how to manage and improve employees’ performance. You’ll learn how to double the number of employees who exceed expectations. You’ll discover the keys to conducting performance conversations without defensiveness or anger. And you’ll discover how to transform employees who are failing to meet expectations. Based on the New York Times bestseller Hundred Percenters and using our legendary Word Pictures technique, leaders will master getting great performance from every employee (even the ones who are struggling). And you’ll learn how to master those tricky conversations where you discuss and coach employees on how to improve their performance!
STARTING THE WEEK OF MAY 22ND, you’re going to take 1 course per week for 4 weeks. (You are not required to login at any set time, so each week you may work on the courses at times that work best for your schedule). Each week, you’ll watch approximately 1-hour of a video course, and then complete one assignment to hardwire your learnings and take one brief quiz to ensure you learned that week’s content. You can expect to spend around 2 hours per week between the videos and the coursework. You may work ahead and you will not be penalized for falling behind, but ALL MODULES, ASSIGNMENTS AND QUIZZES MUST BE COMPLETED BY 11:59 PM (PST) ON THE FINAL DAY OF THE PROGRAM. The final day of the program is June 18, 2023. This is a 4-week program and certificates will not be issued if all coursework is not completed by the deadline.
WHAT IF MANY LEADERS WANT TO ATTEND? If your colleagues want to participate, that's great! We offer GROUP DISCOUNTS for groups of 5 or more leaders from the same organization. Simply contact Jill Sutherland (Director of Client Services) at 800-814-7859 or firstname.lastname@example.org
HERE'S THE PROGRAM CURRICULUM
Each course in the program includes approximately 1-hour of video presentations. In addition to the video modules, each week will include one assignment and one brief quiz to ensure you learned that week's content. Participants can expect to spend around 2 hours per week on viewing the video modules and coursework. Here is a listing of all the courses in program.
WEEK 1: TEACHING EMPLOYEES THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN MEETING EXPECTATIONS AND TRULY EXCEEDING EXPECTATIONS
Over two-thirds of employees do NOT know whether their performance is where it should be! They literally don’t know the difference between meeting and exceeding expectations. It’s not their fault; leaders haven’t had the tool to clearly explain the difference...until now. In this module, you’ll learn the Word Pictures Tool to teach employees about the attitudes, behaviors, values and standards that separate meeting from exceeding expectations. And you’ll learn:
- Why employees are 107% more engaged when they understand the specific behaviors that distinguish merely meeting expectations from exceeding expectations
- 11 specific behaviors that employees need to perform in order to exceed expectations Real-life Word Picture examples from healthcare, high-tech, finance, hospitality, and more (this is the most powerful performance management tool you’ve ever seen)
- How Caesar’s Palace used Word Pictures to achieve their highest customer satisfaction scores ever
- The exact script that gets your employees to immediately support improving their performance
- Shocking data on why two-thirds of employees are not currently inspired to give 100% effort at work
WEEK 2: COACHING CONVERSATIONS THAT IMPROVE EMPLOYEES FROM MEETING EXPECTATIONS TO EXCEEDING EXPECTATIONS
Around 60% of your middle performers are capable of becoming high performers! Once you know the difference between meeting and exceeding expectations, you’ve got to teach that to everyone on your team. And you’ve got to coach employees how to take the specific steps to start exceeding expectations. In this module you’ll learn:
- The 3-Part Coaching Conversation that teaches every employee how to exceed expectations
- How to flip the ‘Self-Awareness Switch’ so every employee instantly knows whether their performance is meeting, exceeding or failing to meet expectations
- How your Word Pictures instantly eliminate disagreements with employees about their actual performance
- How a simple 10-minute monthly conversation inspires employees to exceed expectations
- 2 sentences that helps every employee see their untapped potential (if you say them in the first few minutes of the coaching conversation)
WEEK 3: HOW TO COACH EMPLOYEES WHO ARE FAILING TO MEET EXPECTATIONS
Some employees fail to meet expectations. You’ll learn how to get those employees back on the right track and achieve good or great performance. In this module you’ll learn:
- How to tell the difference between an employee who’s genuinely struggling and someone who simply doesn’t want to improve
- The conversation script for employees that simply don’t want to meet your expectations
- The 3-part script that shows struggling employees how achieving good performance is right within their grasp (using a psychological technique called “Mastery Thinking”)
- How to turn your employees that are exceeding expectations into exemplars that can transform struggling employees
- How to tell when you need to stop coaching struggling employees and turn to managing them (and the specific scripts to use for each situation)
WEEK 4: TAKING THE PAIN OUT OF PERFORMANCE CONVERSATIONS
Most employees hate performance conversations, whether it’s an annual performance review, a quarterly conversation, or whatever. In fact, only 6% of CEOs think performance reviews are useful. But this session fixes the 5 biggest problems with performance conversations. You’ll get the hyper-specific scripts to conduct these conversations, and you’ll learn:
- 2 sentences that make every performance management conversation more comfortable (if you say them in the first few minutes of the meeting)
- The correct order in which you should talk to high, middle and low performers
- How Transactional Analysis gets managers and employees out of the painful Parent-Child dynamic that usually defines performance reviews, and instead creates an Adult-Adult partnership full of self-awareness and positive coaching
- What 3 pieces of information need to be in EVERY performance management conversation
- How to use Word Pictures to clearly and honestly delineate the level of performance you expect and how the employee currently measures against those expectations
- 4 questions that should appear in EVERY employee development plan a
HOW THIS PROGRAM WORKS: The program is set up at a pace of 1 course per week. You are not required to login at any set time so you may work on the courses at times that works best for your schedule. You may work ahead and you will not be penalized for falling behind, but ALL MODULES, ASSIGNMENTS AND QUIZZES MUST BE COMPLETED BY 11:59 PM (PST) ON THE FINAL DAY OF THE PROGRAM. The final day of the program is June 18, 2023. This is a 4-week program and certificates will not be issued if all coursework is not completed by the deadline.
HOW DO I REGISTER? Simply click the red "Register" button to purchase your registration and secure your spot in the course. Each registration is for a single user only. Please contact Jill Sutherland at email@example.com if you are interested in registering multiple participants. THE PROGRAM START DATE IS MONDAY, MAY 22ND. On Friday, May 19th, each participant will receive an email with their login information to access the course.
DO I GET CEU'S? While we don't formally offer a specific accredited CEU/PDU (because there are so many different state & professional associations), many of our attendees will send the program description to their particular accrediting body and apply to have that training hour(s) counted. We hear that many of our attendees have been successful with that approach. THIS PROGRAM DELIVERS 4 CONTACT/COURSE HOURS.
BENEFITS OF LEADERSHIP IQ PROGRAMS: Our programs are based on research and taught by the expert. The courses in Managing Employee Performance Certificate Program are backed by our cutting-edge leadership research featured in Fortune, Forbes, Business Week, U.S. News & World Report, The Wall Street Journal, ABC News, CNN, NPR & more. Each video is taught by Mark Murphy. He is a New York Times bestselling author, a FORBES Senior Contributor, ranked as a Top 30 Leadership Guru, and the Founder of Leadership IQ. Mark has lectured at The United Nations, Harvard Business School, Microsoft, MasterCard, and more.
WHY A CERTIFICATE? To advance your career, and inspire the confidence of your team, you need proof that you’ve learned Managing Employee Performance. (And it looks GREAT on your LinkedIn profile and resume). And if you’re going to train multiple leaders in your organization, you want to know which leaders have progressed through the necessary training and have the skills to lead and coach successfully. To get your certificate, you'll take a test following the 4-week program (and because you watched all the program modules, it will be easy for you to pass with flying colors)!
HOW DO I GET MY CERTIFICATE? To receive your certificate in Managing Employee Performance, you must complete all modules and assignments and pass all quizzes. A score of at least 70% is required to pass the quiz for each course - multiple attempts are permitted. Certificates will be sent electronically via email within 7 business days of course completion.
Through his groundbreaking research, Mark Murphy has created some of the biggest ideas in leadership. He’s a New York Times bestselling author, a FORBES Senior Contributor, ranked as a Top 30 Leadership Guru, and the Founder of Leadership IQ.
He’s trained leaders at the United Nations, Harvard Business School, Microsoft, MasterCard, SHRM, and hundreds more.
Mark leads one of the world’s largest leadership skills studies, and his work has appeared in The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, Fortune, Forbes, Bloomberg BusinessWeek, and U.S. News & World Report. Mark has also appeared on CNN, NPR, CBS News Sunday Morning, ABC’s 20/20, and Fox Business News.