BECOME A WORLD-CLASS INTERVIEWER WITH THIS ONLINE CERTIFICATION!
The Leadership IQ Hiring For Attitude Certification program gives hiring managers and HR professionals the skills to hire stars with great attitudes into their organizations. Participants learn which attitudes to hire for, which questions not to ask (including some of the most common ones), how to design attitudinal questions, what good and bad answers sound like, the keys to recruiting high performers, and even what to do once you’ve got them.
Presented by New York Times bestselling author Mark Murphy and based on his bestselling book featured in Forbes, Fast Company, CNBC and more!
To learn more and get pricing information, just email Jeffrey Sherman at email@example.com
The Hiring for Attitude Certification course consists of 7 modules, each approximately 45 minutes.
Here’s a listing of all the modules.
Module 1: The Attitude Revolution
• Why attitude has become the #1 hiring criteria
• Unemployment, the global labor force, and the commoditization of skills
• The groundbreaking research on which hires fail and which succeed
• The Top 4 attitudes that drive hiring failures
• Interview questions that you should not ask (including strengths, weaknesses, hypotheticals, and more)
• 6 words that ruin behavioral interview questions
Module 2: Discover the Attitudes You Need to Hire
• Why companies like Southwest Airlines, Google, Apple, and The Ritz-Carlton hire for different attitudes
• 2 types of job candidates you should never hire
• How the term ‘Brown Shorts’ came to mean the attitudes that define your unique culture (and how Southwest Airlines’ creative hiring practices really created the term)
• Detailed process for discovering the attitudinal characteristics that are most critical for your unique organization
• Case study from Microchip Technologies
• The 3-3-3- Exercise to quickly discover your critical attitudes
Module 3: Interviewing for Attitude
• A dozen of the most powerful attitudinal interview questions with detailed explanations of the attitudes they reveal
• How to design attitudinal interview questions that fit your culture
• How to discover Differential Situations that reveal the differences between high and low performers
• The 5-part Coachability Question that works for every type of job to assess the candidate’s coachability, weaknesses, critical self-awareness and the type of manager for whom they work best
Module 4: Developing Answer Guidelines
• How to grade and evaluate candidates’ responses to your interview questions by developing Answer Guidelines
• Identifying the Positive Signals in candidates’ answers that identify if they’re likely to be a good fit for you and your culture
• Identifying the Warning Signs in candidates’ answers that identify if they’re likely to be a good fit for you and your culture
• How to use Answer Guidelines across many interviewers so that everyone gives candidates consistent ratings
• Using the new science of textual analysis to evaluate whether a candidate is a great or poor fit by listening to the pronouns, verb tenses, adverbs, and negations they use when talking to you
Module 5: Interviewing for Attitude Practicum
• Specific practical answers to the most challenging interviewing issues
• How to stop candidates when they’re rambling (without destroying rapport)
• How and where the interviewer and candidate should sit during the interview
• Specific script to start the interview that builds rapport while structuring the interview process
• How to delay candidate questions until the end of the interview without seeming rude
• What to say when the candidate is giving you terrible answers
• How to manage team-based interviews
Module 6: Recruiting for Attitude
• How to distinguish between an average recruiting pitch and the significantly more effective attitudinal recruiting pitch
• The Attitudinal Recruiting Formula (P=A+U-S) for measuring the likely effectiveness of your recruiting message
• Research on which factors make prospective candidates less likely to respond to particular job ads (and how to conduct split tests to determine the best messages)
• Why 90% of job ads begin with the same highly-ineffective opening paragraph and how you can rewrite it to dramatically increase your number of high performer applicants
• Key metrics that every hiring manager and HR professional should evaluate to determine and improve their recruiting effectiveness
• Research from over 2,000 companies on the Top 10 recruiting channels for finding high performing hires
Module 7: Hardwiring Attitude Into Your Culture
• How to translate your attitudinal hiring characteristics into a behavioral roadmap for teaching every employee the specific behaviors that exemplify your attitudes
• A revolutionary performance management tool called Word Pictures that helps you hold people accountable to living your attitudes
• Why employees learn behaviors and attitudes more effectively when they learn not only what TO do, but also what NOT to do
• Specific examples of performance evaluations using attitudinal issues like Accountability, Leadership and Service
• Case study from Caesars Entertainment
Join the 100,000+ leaders who watch our programs, from companies like…
The Benefits of Getting Certified
Participants will have the opportunity to take the Hiring for Attitude Certification exam and become certified in hiring. Completing this program can help you:
- Increase your value in your organization and in your industry
- Stand out from your peers because you’ve taken this extra step towards professional certification
- Be known for and demonstrate your capability and skills so crucial to winning the talent wars
- Advance your career by adding Hiring for Attitude Certification to your professional credentials.
These courses presented by New York Times Bestseller Mark Murphy
Mark Murphy, founder and CEO of Leadership IQ, has written some of the most practical and insightful leadership books ever. Mark’s reputation as a master teacher is also why he’s lectured at The United Nations, Harvard Business School, Microsoft, IBM, MasterCard, Merck, and more.
His leadership techniques and research have been featured in the Wall Street Journal, Harvard Business Review, Inc., CNBC, CBS MarketWatch, Fortune, Forbes, Business Week, U.S. News & World Report, The Washington Post, the Los Angeles Times and more. He has also appeared on ABC’s 20/20, CBS News, Fox Business News, CNN and NPR.